Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ending (An Ascent)

So long

 


Sad to see MNML SSGS go, but, as with AZ last year, it's sometimes nice to put a period on the end of a sentence. I'm glad they will be keeping the archives active. Though I've been following the blog since roughly around 2010 or so, after stumbling by accident upon a fantastic mix celebrating Drexciya's Heinrich Mueller, I haven't always been able to keep up (because of, you know, all that other music that gets released out there), let alone gaze backwards into the archives. I look forward to doing so in the future.

Am I the only on that geeks out on blog archives? Definitely a weird retromaniacal impulse, I admit. I find it interesting though to be able to go back and look at writers I respect to see what they were thinking about and how it matched my own thoughts as things unfolded this past decade.